Are you looking for a premium leadership development program with reputation and relevance?
Developed in conjunction with industry, the newest offering from Tasmanian Leaders is designed to increase business leaders’ capacity and drive to lead lasting change within Tasmanian industries experiencing significant growth or disruption.
The program will involve two sessions of two days each delivered in a residential setting. Each session, a Sunday and a Monday, will include a mixture of facilitator led workshops and sector expertise. In between the residential sessions a mentor program will provide participants the opportunity to undertake a mentorship.
In 2019 the program will be held in Hobart and 2020 in Burnie.
Program content is designed to provide participants with a leadership toolbox and will focus on three key areas:
- Inspiring commitment and performance from employees and apprentices
- A validated diagnostic tool to understand self and others
- Communication tools for different situations
- Managing risk and maintaining growth
- Thinking strategically and delivering on goals
- Performance improvement and innovation
- Adaptive leadership to meet evolving challenges
- Change management theories and application
- Service above self for the benefit of the wider industry
By the end of the program participants will:
- Better understand themselves as leaders
- Have the skills and confidence to communicate and lead others
- Be able to think strategically and long-term to grow their businesses
- Develop a wider network and community of relevant and connected peers
- Be inspired and capable to lead beyond self for the greater good of Tasmania
I-LEAD is an open enrolment fee-for-service program. Some participants may self-fund, while others may obtain support from the workplace or apply for industry supported scholarships. The full cost of I-LEAD is $1,463. Sector specific scholarships of up to $1,045 are currently available from the Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association for the 2019 and 2020 programs. With more to be announced when applications for these programs are open.
Who should apply?
The I-LEAD program will bring together a group of emerging and established leaders working in small to medium private sector businesses. It will most benefit those with management experience and a strong drive to achieve more for themselves, their organisations and their industry.
I-LEAD candidates must demonstrate leadership ability and a commitment to their industry. Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Employment in a small to medium Tasmanian business, employing less than forty staff, experiencing significant growth or disruption.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and potential, and a goal of increasing leadership capacity.
- Commitment to participate in the program and work with, learn from and share with others.
- Potential to contribute to industry, sector and Tasmania post program.
2019 Key Dates
Now Applications open
1 April Applications close
18 April Successful applicants notified
2-3 June Residential One
June/July Mentor Program
11-12 August Residential Two
Applications for the 2019 I-LEAD program are now open. Complete an application here.