Leading Change in the West
The newest offering from Tasmanian Leaders is a sure-fire way to fast track your leadership vision and impact.
Leading Change in the West is highly experiential. It is designed to provide participants with practical skills in leadership and creative problem solving. Participants will explore local issues through a series of site tours, before going through a design thinking process to deliver projects, in small teams, that aim to positively influence the region’s future.
The program, delivered over 2.5 days in a residential setting, November 28 – 30, will include a mixture of facilitator led workshops and sector expertise. The program will conclude with a formal event to highlight outcomes from each of the projects.
By the end of the program participants can expect to:
- Better understand themselves as leaders and collaborators
- Have the skills and confidence to communicate with and lead others
- Be able to think strategically and long-term to influence the region’s future
- Develop a wider network and community of relevant peers
- Be inspired and capable to lead beyond self for the greater good of the region
This compact leadership program will most benefit those wanting to lead lasting positive change in their communities. Registration is open to anyone above the age of 21 across all sectors including those in volunteer
In 2019 the cost of the program is covered by the University of Tasmania
and will be offered free to those living in the West Coast Municipality.
To register for the program please visit our expression of interest form.