Setting up an account
Applications for the Tasmanian Leaders Program must be completed using our on-line application form. To access this form you will be required to create an account at http://portal.tasmanianleaders.org.au/login. The account process is simple, and will take less than two minutes. Once you have created your account you will also be able to download an Information Pack, view a sample application form and register for one of our Information Sessions.
Before starting the application form, please ensure you have familiarised yourself with the 2018 Tasmanian Leaders Program Information Pack. This document is available on our portal at the link above, or to the right of this page. While this document provides much detail about what to expect we also encourage you to talk with a previous graduate or attend one of our Information Sessions held across the state in August. It is not compulsory to attend these sessions they are however a great opportunity to learn more about the program, and what it can do for you. At the sessions you’ll have the chance to speak with and hear from the General Manager and past participants, to seek answers to any questions you may have.
Completing the application form
To complete the Application Form simply login to your account using your self selected user name and password and type your responses directly into the spaces provided. You can return to your saved work at any point by logging in using your username and password. You should complete all sections in full. Don’t be modest, though please ensure your answers are to the point.
How to submit an application
The process for submitting involves two steps:
STEP 1 – Electronic submission by midnight on Sunday 1 October
You need to submit the final application electronically. We will acknowledge receipt of your application by email.
STEP 2 – Hard copy submission by close of business Monday 2 October
Once you have submitted your application, you will be prompted to print and sign a hard copy and post to the following address:
Tasmanian Leaders Program (Application)
PO Box 1186
Launceston TAS 7250
You have submitted your application, what now?
The selection panel will review all applications and prepare a short list for interview, which will be confirmed with you by October 9.
Short-listed applicants can expect to be interviewed:
- North West Coast: Friday, October 13
- Launceston: Monday-Tuesday, October 16-17
- Hobart: Thursday October 19 and Tuesday-Wednesday October 24-25
Please keep these dates free and advise the General Manager as soon as possible if you are unable to attend in your location or on these dates.
It is intended that places on the program will be offered to successful applicants early December.
Selection and re-application
Please note that each year many highly qualified applicants will not be chosen for the Tasmanian Leaders Program because of the need to select a diverse group in terms of background, career and personal experiences, gender, geography, ideas and beliefs and because of strict limits on the number of participants possible in each program. We encourage individuals not selected to reapply in subsequent years.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Submitting an Application
- I am having technology difficulty in accessing or completing the on-line application form? Please contact our General Manager, Angela Driver on 0417 379 703 or email@example.com
- When do I have to submit the hard copy? Hard copy applications must be postmarked Monday 2 October or earlier.
- How do I apply for a scholarship? When you have submitted your application for the program you will need to log into your account and underneath the heading saying applications you will need to find the box that says ‘scholarships’. This will direct you to a new form to complete. The deadline for submitting a scholarship application is October 6. Find out more on our scholarships page.