The Program delivers a number of benefits for participants, their employers, and the Tasmanian community.
Benefits for participants
By becoming a participant in the Tasmanian Leaders Program, you can expect:
- to expand your understanding of important Tasmanian, national and global issue
- a unique experience which profoundly impacts professionally and personally
- to develop, broaden and expand your talents and abilities, and reveal your weaknesses
- exposure to the collective wisdom of a range of business, industry, government and community leaders and critical thinkers to encourage, challenge and inspire you
- to benefit from exposure to the other participants’ diverse backgrounds and experiences
- life-long connections with a strong, diverse network across a broad cross-section of backgrounds, sectors and outlooks
- to develop your vision for Tasmania’s future with a focus on the next ten years
- the opportunity to network with graduates of the program and after successful graduation entry to the Tasmanian Leaders Alumni
- to participate in the facilitation of change through action
Benefits for organisations
- By sponsoring a participant on the program, your organisation can expect: their employee to increase their general business acumen and community awareness while significantly improving his or her self-awareness, management style and leadership capabilities
- a unique forum in which to increase your organisation’s profile, and represent your sector, amongst a diverse range of influential members of the Tasmanian community
- access to high calibre learning and professional development for high-potential managers at very low cost, right here in Tasmania with a Tasmanian focus
Benefits for the community
Tasmanian Leaders will be enabled and encouraged to help make a difference – to contribute to business and the community, and make Tasmania a better place to live, work, do business.
This is achieved through:
- implementation of several innovative community or business development projects each year;
- increasing each participant’s contribution to Tasmania by promoting a personal commitment to professional and community leadership;
- the development and operation of a community leadership Skillsbank
- an ever increasing network of nationally and globally influential alumni of Tasmanian Leaders who remain committed to that network and to Tasmania.
You can see what some previous participants and employers say about their experience with TLP, in our testimonial section.